Cost of $250/couple* includes access to lending library, online support and a reunion class. Also, each week a snack is provided that reinforces our discussion of prenatal nutrition.
Birth is a rite of passage, not a medical event, even when medical support is part of the journey. My approach to childbirth education reflects my faith in the wisdom of women’s bodies and babies. Beyond understanding the physiology of birth, couples will:
- Learn mindfulness practices rooted in the faith that your body knows how to breathe, and it knows how to birth;
- Practice a variety of positions and techniques to relieve the intensity of labor and to help the birth progress;
- Recognize partners as guardians of the birth, who will foster a safe environment and marshal support for your intentions from birth attendants;
- Understand wise and compassionate use of medical support, and how to maintain connection with your body and your baby in any circumstance;
- Create birth art, allowing your minds to wander down paths you may not otherwise consider; and
- Prepare for your first steps into parenthood.
To learn more about this class and read what other parents have said, check-out this post.
*Don’t let cost be an obstacle. Ask about my sliding scale and payment plans.